The neurosurgeons of Neurosurgical Associates of Central Jersey provide a unique expertise in caring for spinal conditions, including herniated disc, spinal compression and many others traditionally seen by spinal orthopedists. Dr. James Chimenti and Dr. Jay More have been lauded by patients and peers alike.
Their collective accolades include:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Named Top Surgeon by the Consumer Research Council of America
- Most Recommended Physician recognition by a Simmons™ National Consumer Survey
- Top Doctor recognition by New Jersey Monthly
- Honorably mentioned in Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare
- Wilder Penfield Gold Medal recipient
The spine is a complex network of nerves, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons that is vital to performing everyday activities we normally take for granted, like walking and sitting. Drs. Chimenti and More take a conservative approach to treating the spine, preferring to avoid surgery by exhausting all nonsurgical treatment options—such as physical therapy and corticosteroid injections—before recommending surgery.
When surgery does become necessary, our surgeons are experts in minimally invasive procedures. This allows for less discomfort and shorter recovery time for the patient, as well as a lower risk of complications.
The best medical care starts with listening to the patient and understanding his or her needs. That’s why we will always work with the patient to create an individualized treatment plan that suits each individual’s needs.